The Mama Gin Files Chapter 9: The Dryer is Going to Explode!
Mama Gin is terrified of fire. But not only is she terrified of fire; she is also terrified of anything that she thinks might somehow light on fire. This puts all electrical appliances at risk around her. Before we installed a lock on our door to prevent her from entering to feed our cat in our absence, we used to come home regularly to find all of our appliances unplugged - including the refrigerator. "Leave plugged in, no good. Light on fire."
Last night there was some ruckus in the neighborhood involving four fire trucks on our block. They stayed for about an hour, and we never figured out exactly what happened. Unfortunately, once Mama Gin caught sight of those fire trucks, they set off an almost unbearable OCD episode.
George had been doing laundry in her apartment, because that is where our washer & dryer are located. He ordinarily has a tough enough time with that alone, since Mama Gin is convinced that using the dryer will cause our furnace to explode.
Apparently, the combined thoughts of the furnace exploding and the dryer itself lighting on fire was too much for Mama Gin, so she got out some kitchen twine and commenced a macrame project that would have put a 1970s Girl Scout troop to shame. In a stunning artistic work of mixed media, she unplugged the washer & dryer and tied up the electrical cords in a mess of knots.
George was not amused.
Enjoy the below photo series depicting George's discovery of her handiwork, his attempt to unravel the mess, and Mama Gin's pleading for him to stop.
I am Coaster Punchman and you have just entered my world. I rule it with an iron fist, so if you're looking for First Amendment protection, you will not find it here. I have a now deceased crazy Chinese mother-in-law, and sometimes I wear Crocs around the house. I don't like flip-flops or Mormons. I'm also a cyberstalker by trade -- so I could look up all sorts of random shit about you if I wanted, but I probably won't because I'm pretty lazy.