Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mama Gin Files - Where Georgie Gurlfriend?

Welcome to another installment of The Mama Gin Files. This week's episode captures Mama Gin in yet another iteration of her usual "Georgie get marry have baby!" mantra.

Just prior to filming, George slammed the door on Mama Gin during her fifth visit to our apartment, in the course of thirty minutes, where she nagged him relentlessly about his legally unwedded state. George retreated into the bedroom to take a nap, locking the door behind him.

CP felt this was a great opportunity to try out their new digital camera, which happily features a swivel LCD panel - making it possible to film Mama Gin without obviously shoving a camera in her face.

As always, an approximate transcript is provided below for your enhanced viewing experience.

Enjoy.







Mama Gin: Ok, you try talk to him. What he likey? Let him...let me know if he get marry. Let me see the gurl. Get marry, get marry!

CP: I know, but who is Georgie's gurlfriend? I don't know who the gurlfriend is.

MG: My ear can't hear! Now I no likey like this! I can't hear! I am old!

CP: Oh, well I'm old too. Georgie's very mad at you right now. He doesn't want to come out of the bedroom.

MG: I likey he get marry! He get marry, I give housey to him! (Note to Gentle Readers: George already owns the house.) I don't like, I don't take care.

CP: Oh, if he gets married you'll give the house to him? Is that what you said?

MG: I don't see the wife, the gurlfriend that lives here. He not let me know! How I know?

CP: I don't know, it's very difficult. If he won't talk to you it's very difficult.

MG: Before, I know he have a gurlfriend that come here. But now the gurlfriend not come here, I don't know! I don't know where she is, this gurlfriend.

CP: I don't know which gurlfriend you're talking about. Was it Stephanie?

MG: But if he have a gurlfriend, let me know, get marry. He and the gurlfriend take care of housey. Then I go to....anywhere. I don't know....

CP: If Georgie gets married you'll go somewhere?

MG: Hong Kong, I have housey too!

CP: Oh!

MG: Housey my brother own!

CP: Is that the one you sold and then wouldn't give your brother the money for?

MG: (turning to leave after that crack...) Tell he let me know! And if he have a gurlfriend or wife, let me see her! Let him get marry! I likey he get marry, have baby!

CP: I'd like it if he could get married!

MG: And take a housey!

CP: Ok, bye bye!

MG: (Cough cough)

23 comments:

Chris said...

I now have a deeper understanding of what you've been talking about all this time. What fun!

Bluez said...

OMG that was halarious. Poor George

Dino aka Katy said...

oh man one would think she'd catch on eventually

Dale said...

I'm just not sure why you aren't called Poor Coaster Punchman to match Georgie. Man, I feel dizzy after that.

Tanya Espanya said...

HAHAHAHAH! I love it! That is so excellent! Poor George and Poor CP, is right, Dale!

hapabukbuk said...

okay okay cp! stop twisting my arm! i'll borrow my friend's baby and we'll come over for a visit. is mama gin ok with a hapabukbuk?

The Freelance Cynic said...

Don't you love it when the family gets together!

Melinda June said...

Maybe George and I should get married when I'm back later this year. Then she'll move and give us the whole house, we can sell it, and you guys and me and our ethiopian baby can all move to California to start a new life.

GrizzBabe said...

Poor Mama Gin. She doesn't let up, does she?

BTW CP, part 2 of the long awaited post is up.

Bubs said...

Oh my god...oh god. That is one of the funniest things I've seen in ages, and on behalf of my entire household I'd like to say THANK YOU for posting that!

Wouldn't we all like to take a housey? I want to incorporate that into the lexicon somehow:

"later, dude, I'm fixin to take a housey"

Beth said...

Again, I'll gladly volunteer to be gurlfriend. I don't even need housey.

Bella Rossa said...

Aw...that's so sweet. Sort of.

My mom is so hot for more grandchildren (apparently, two grandkids from five kids is unacceptable) that she actually said to me, at her birthday party last weekend, "I don't care if you get married or not. But I want you to have a baby, damnit."

This is my 70 year old Catholic mother, BTW.

Just thought I'd share/commiserate.

Writeprocrastinator said...

Wasn't this an early Ang Lee film? At any rate, hilar! Thank you Coast, you have made my day!

jewgirl said...

what part of fagellah, fagellah, fagellah is mama gin incapable of getting her hands around? awww, poor georgie. and poor you. what a pain in the ass.

still. hilar video.

aww. such guilt now.

chelene said...

I watched the vid twice at work and couldn't stop laughing, CP! I don't know how you and Poor George deal.

Tenacious S said...

You know you are just a little twisted, although if I was that harrassed, I'd go on the offensive as well.

Jake's Mom said...

That's the mama jin I know and "love"...if only for the rich material she supplies for CP. I think secretly she wants her own blog..."I Love Georgie" or "The Basement Bunch" or "The George and Tom Show". Has she given the twins any bread yet?

Grant Miller said...

So wait. Why isn't he married? He sounds like quite a catch from everything you've written about him.

wonderturtle said...

You two are saints.

Tumuli said...

I always wondered what you two sounded like! My suspicions were confirmed: you were the calm, collected voice of reason, while MG was the shrill dissenter. Insightful...

BeckEye said...

I feel slightly insane now.

Old Lady said...

Mama Gin wants a grandchild, could you and George maybe adopt a ameurasian child, or are the kitties your only children?

Lulu's idea was good!

Mombi said...

SOOOO GLAD THAT MAMA GIN IS BACK!!!!

You realize you could rent her out. I'd totally pay to spend the afternoon with her.