Monday, February 21, 2011

CP's not so dirty Secret



At some point I need to let you all know that I’ve been changing my life for the better using The Secret. I’ve decided that now is that time.

Getting on board with The Secret is easily the most culty thing I’ve ever done, and Poor George has warned me that if I ever do anything like suggest he attend Landmark Education (formerly known as EST) courses he will leave me. I upped the ante on him and said that if I ever attend Landmark Education he is not only to leave me, but he must also kill me and make it as painful as possible.

(Oh no, negative energy! Negative energy!)

Anyway, I don’t think The Secret is very culty – it’s just a new way of looking at life and to attract the good things in life by thinking good and doing good. Pretty basic really, but the real proponents of The Secret (Secreteers? Secretons?) advise that the Law of Attraction is much more powerful than we realize.

The gist is that if you spend your time being a whiny bitch and thinking whiny bitch thoughts, all you’re doing is attracting more whiny bitchiness into your life. Which is pretty useful when you’re trying to write for a blog in a way that amuses people in that whiny bitchy sort of way.

But not so useful if you’re trying to have a happy life.

So I’ve decided to start living my life from a “half full” perspective. And I have to say I am a lot happier as a result. The only negative, as far as I can tell, is that Mindy June and others (including me) have described me as “doughy” and “non-descript” when I’m nice. I don’t yet know how to entertain others without my acerbic, sarcastic approach to everything. If you have any ideas, let me know.

3 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Speaking from an engineers perspective, the glass is always full. 1/2 water and 1/2 air. It's the only way the universe will allow.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I think you can still be nice and use your acerbicity and sarcasticness as long as it's used in a fictional way and not directed at real people/situations.

Dale said...

You can still drink to excess can't you? If not, you could always keep it a secret.