Friday, November 08, 2013

Man, this place is depressing!



So coming back to Blogger feels a bit like returning to a childhood home that has been abandoned.  I was looking at the link list of blogs I used to follow, which are organized on the right side of my screen, in order by which they were last updated.  Only the very few at the top have been active within the past few months.  After that, there are a series of blogs on the list whose latest posts say "So long!" or "The end!" or something similarly foreboding. 

But I'm still going to hang out here, because I need a place to deposit the noise in my head (the music is so pretty!)  However, something tells me this isn't going to be any sort of homecoming or return to the high days of blogging circa 2006. 

And that will have to be ok.  It's a new beginning, and who knows what we may find lurking in the shadows.  Hopefully it just won't be that creepy babysitter/neighbor I had as a young boy. I never cared much for his "games."

I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it:  I will never permanently delete or retire CPW.  The blogosphere needs it. 

(For what, I have no idea, but it sounded like a good thing to say.)


6 comments:

Some Guy said...

As long as you're here posting, I'm still reading. Who knows? Maybe you will be the one to ignite a blogging renaissance!

Coaster Punchman said...

Thanks, Some Guy. I like the idea of the Great Blogging Renaissance of 2014.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Something is definitely afoot.

Mnmom said...

Again, I say, isn't it strange how a lot of us just up and decided to dust off the blog? All at the same time?

We're so retro

Dale said...

Like a creepy babysitter, I couldn't completely abandon my blog either. Let the non-creepy games begin. Feel free to play your music as loudly or softly as you wish even if it drives us all over the cliff with you.

Chris said...

A lot of dust and tumbleweeds in the blog world.