Thursday, February 14, 2008

Some days as a Strategic Sales Executive are annoying days


We have a rollout of a major new product coming next week, a product I will be largely responsible for selling.


Not only do I not yet have online access to the product; I just found out that the product manager from our home office has been scheduling customer visits and demos with my sales reps directly, without telling me.


I take this as a sign of disrespect. It's not like she doesn't know this is my product; she knows it very well. Furthermore, it's in her own best interest to include me in these meetings because otherwise all the sales reps in the country will just go to her with all their questions and requests for customer appointments.


I'm having several conversations about this in my head even as I type:


1. My sour grapes are telling me to say "fine, let her do all the selling if that's what she wants."


2. My inner paranoid-schizophrenic is telling me she's not including me because she thinks I'm annoying and a buffoon and would simply rather not deal with me.


3. My inner adult is telling me it was just an oversight and to chalk it up to a big "whatever, Mary."



I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going with options 1 and 2.


CP

11 comments:

Jake's Mom said...

Q: What’s the difference between the product manager at T/W home office and a pitbull?
A: Lipstick.

Now go find some place that will appreciate you and you can be happy with. You deserve good!!

Melinda June said...

Option 4) Your friend Mindy is telling you she is a big bitch on a power trip.

Joe said...

I'm with MJ.

Happy Valentines Day, too!

Dale said...

What would 3jesus97 do?

Anonymous said...

Option 5: Vent all of this to PG until he turns purple and finally makes a sarcastic comment after which I will rake him over the hot coals.

Option 5 part 2: Imagine the product manager locked in a room for eternity with the MG.

Old Lady said...

This has been a week for office bs, huh?

KK said...

If you choose option 1 - she'll screw it up and you'll get the blame for it and be recognized for the massive failure of the new product at next years gala awards dinner.

This is how perverse life is in the business world!

"Cover Thine Own Ass" - proverb 47

Anonymous said...

I'm with your sister. Why are you still working there? Go do something good for yourself!

Your cousin Cathy

Mnmom said...

Sic Mama Gin on her!
When I have difficult people in my life I just say "well, they're walking a path that is not mine to understand". Works every time. Some people are just plain awful for no apparent reason.
Take your talent somewhere else.

Writeprocrastinator said...

All I have to say is this. Don't say I never give you good advice.

Okay, you can say it, just don't say it front of me.

Moderator said...

Tell Mary I said "Whatevs..."