A while back I blogged about one of my most important hobbies: watching episodes of the E! True Hollywood Story about TV shows I have never seen.
The other night I caught one of these gems about "Charles in Charge." It was awesome. I learned the following:
- Scott Baio developed an ego problem while he was still on "Happy Days."
- Willie Aames enjoyed a lucrative TV career even before "Eight is Enough," but then he did the UNTHINKABLE and spiraled downward into drug abuse and lost all his money.
- Willie then joined AA, joined the cast of "Charles in Charge," found God, and stopped all that bad behavior.
- "Charles in Charge" featured one pretty girl and one "plain" girl that Charles was in charge of. (Both of them blond, about a size 3 and pretty much identical California girls.) The actress who played the "plain" girl was jealous that she didn't get to dress better.
- The actress who played the "pretty" girl is a real bitch - you can just tell by her interview.
- Essentially, the show was really stupid (by Scott Baio's own admission) and I missed absolutely nothing by not watching it.
What is not clear is whether Willie became a Christian or a Kristian. If anyone wishes to research this and report back to CPW, we have an opening for a Guest Blogger, and are currently accepting applications.