Thursday, August 31, 2006

CP's Tap Dancing, Reviewed


My former tap teacher recently emailed me, asking if I was keeping up with my hobby at all. What luck I had in that Mindy June had already posted a movie of me doing my magical moves on her blog!

I forwarded the link to my teacher, Sally, who is a Broadway veteran dancer with an impressive resume that includes Cats, Phantom, and my personal favorite, Menopause: The Musical.

Here is what Sally had to say about my online performance:

"You made my day ... of course, I watched it more than once !!! I'm
saving it so when I need a lift, I have your tapping at my fingertips ...

P.S. I was VERY happy to see you adding arms at the end ... any chance
of another taping of your tapping ?!? Ha :)"


That's your CP, Gentle Readers! Just a little touch of star quality.....

11 comments:

Jake's Mom said...

I always knew you were a star. Even when you were mad at me for coloring better than you I knew you would catch on/up!! And always remember you had that talent so you could entertain me in the waiting room!!!
Goodmorning starshine....
:):):):):):):)

Old Lady said...

Heeltoe; heeltoe; heeltoechangez; heeltoe; heeltoe; heeltoeglisade;
toheel....

lulu said...

I don't think that I knew you took tap dancing lessons. You are a star.

Dale said...

Why don't you shoot an instructional video for all your blogging students CP? (Only this time use the stretchy lens they used to use on that poor Wilson girl from Heart. She was 100 feet tall by the end of things.)

Then we can submit our attempts at learning. And then we can all die of embarrassment (at not being able to live up to your level).

Cup said...

It could be the new blog tag! CP sends us an instruction tape, and we all have to upload our poor attempts to mirror his brilliance.

jin said...

OH!!!
I LOVE beth's idea!!!
BRILLIANT!
heeheehee!!!
:-)

Molecular Turtle said...

Great moves CP. Nice to see people with some original hobbies out there. Next you should try to conquer the ukulele, it's next on my agenda anyway:)

Tenacious S said...

CP, you rock. I mean, uh, tap. Well, you're cool.

Dale said...

I've been rolling that touch of star quality line in my head for so long trying to place it. And it finally hit me. Now I'm trying to figure out if you're channeling Patti Lupone or Madonna.

Coaster Punchman said...

Oh my God! You pray to Madonna too???

Dale said...

Yes, I pray that she never speaks but just sings and / or lip synchs.