Thursday, October 19, 2006

Are you a good spellar?


For those of you in the mood to waste valuable time, this spelling test is a fun diversion. According to the editor who compiled this list, these are the fifty most misspelled words.

I'm generally a fairly good speller, but I had to wrack my brain over a few of the -ible vs. -able words.

Good luck, and let me know how you do. No cheating, lying or crying.

I also liked her short essay on spelling tips and the virtues of good spelling.

CP

15 comments:

lulu said...

I missed 16, but I have already publically proclaimed myself a terrible speller.

lulu said...

as evidenced by the mispelling of publicly above.

Coaster Punchman said...

16 isn't so bad - you could have done much worse than that.

Dale said...

I missed 12 and I was horrified. When you were the Grade 6 class spelling bee champ, the fall is that much harder.

Melinda June said...

11. I missed 11.

Joe said...

I'm a solid "C" student: I missed 10

Anonymous said...

Kiss my grits!

Old Lady

Dale said...

Points for spelling everything right in your comment Old Lady.

Tumuli said...

I missed 5! I'm off to sulk now...

Dale said...

You only missed 5? That was meant to be my score!

jin said...

I got them ALL right!!!
:-D


Oh, fuck...you said no lying didn't you.
:-P

Anonymous said...

I got 14 wrong, but those were all the "trick" ones, I got all the obvious ones write.

Anonymous said...

No. No good, cat can't read. Okay, you get marry, have baby.

Coaster Punchman said...

For the record, I missed 8 but then it said I "skipped" 2 others (must have mis-clicked) and I'm not sure if the two I skipped were correct, so we'll split the difference and say I missed 9.

Looks like Tumuli is our star spelar.

Thanks for playing!

Jenna said...

Tricky, very tricky!

I misspelled 9. One of which, ironically, was drunkenness.