Annoying Things My Sales Reps Do and Say to Me is a new CPW series wherein I will relate to my Gentle Readers some of the annoying things my sales reps do and say to me.
Our first installment features my esteemed colleague, Dean. Dean manages to aggravate me every single time I interact with him. Examples:
- Tom, the next time a client asks you if they can buy just one part of the package rather than the whole package, just tell them "it's a better deal if you buy the whole package" rather than what you said (which was "yes, but it's a better deal if you buy the whole package.")
- Tom, why don't you want to go to this account with me? I can see you have free time, because you just answered the phone now when I called.
- Let's make it happen, Tom.
- Tom, I realize you have to sell half a million this quarter and this account is only going to net you one thousand, but these small deals can be important too. Every little bit helps. This will be really good for you.
- Tom, most everybody else is sharing their electronic calendar, so it would be a good idea for you to, too. (ed. note: Why is that, Dean? So you can critique my calendar and tell me whether or not I have enough free time to work with you?)
- Tom, don't take this the wrong way, but you're kind of touchy.
Dean, I hate your fucking guts. You rarely reach me on the phone because I am now screening your calls. Please leave me alone.